This task explains how to configure LDAP and user authentication at the device.
- Verify that external authentication is turned off as described in Select functions for access control.
- Verify that Enhanced External Charge Unit Management
functions are not selected.For information about configuring these functions, see Select functions for access control.
- Configure the LDAP server required for authentication:
- On the MFP console, press the User Tools hard key or soft key on the Smart Operation Panel.
- Press .
- Page down and press Program / Change / Delete LDAP
- Press and press the LDAP server that you want to configure.
- Configure LDAP server settings.
Contact your system administrator for the server settings for your environment.
- Press OK to return to Administrator Tools.
- Set user authentication to the LDAP server:
- Press Administrator Tools.
- Page down and press Administrator Authentication
- Press Administrator Authentication Management, press On next to Admin. Authentication, and press OK.
- On the Administrator tab, press .
- Next to LDAP Servers, select the LDAP server that you configured and press Next.
- For Copier, press .
- Next to Other Functions, turn off Document Server, Facsimile, and Scanner, and press OK.
- Optional: On the Administrator Tools tab, press .This setting affects the device logon screen but not the operation of Output Manager.
- Restart the device.