Follow the steps in this procedure to use HTTPS to connect to Output Manager.
- Browse to the Xerox web.config file (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\NSi\AutoStore Workflow 6\ASXeroxEIPWeb20) and open it in a text editor.
- Enclose the HTTP section in XML comment tags, which is the default
protocol.These are the <endpoint address="http://DBMSERVER ... /> endpoints near the end of the <client> element, which is usually at the end of the web.config file.Tip: Insert <!-- before the first endpoint in the section and --> after the last endpoint in the section to comment it out.
- Remove the XML comment tags from the HTTPS section, which are the
<endpoint address="https://DBMSERVER ... /> elements,
near the end of the <client> element.Tip: Add --> to the end of the comment line at the beginning of the section so it appears as <!-- use the following endpoints for HTTPS connections to Output Manager -->. Remove --> after the last element in the section.This specifies HTTPS connections to Output Manager, so now there are two ways to connect: HTTP (default), and HTTPS.
- Save the web.config file.
- Change the URI setting for the Device Registration Service to https://IP_address:8069, where
the IP_address is the IP address for the Output Manager server, and 8069 is the HTTPS port
on the server.To do this, change the URI section on the Applications tab of the Device Registration Service web client.For example, if the default setting is http://10.16.37.56:8068 (where 10.16.37.56 is the IP address of the Output Manager server and 8068 is the port used for HTTP), then for HTTPS change it to net.tcp://10.16.37.56:8069 to specify the port for HTTPS.
- Bind port 8069 to HTTPS connections in the Output Manager server settings.