Follow the steps in this procedure to use Net.TCP to connect to Output Manager.
- Browse to the the Xerox web.config file (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\NSi\AutoStore Workflow 6\ASXeroxEIPWeb20) and open it in a text editor.
- Enclose the HTTP section in XML comment tags, which is the default
protocol.These are the <endpoint address="http://DBMSERVER ... /> endpoints near the end of the <client> element, which is usually at the end of the web.config file.Tip: Insert <!-- before the first endpoint in the section and --> after the last endpoint in the section.
- Remove the XML comment tags from the Net.TCP section, which are the
<endpoint address="net.tcp://DBMSERVER ... />
endpoints, usually the last ones in <client> element.Tip: Add --> to the end of the comment line (which starts with that starts with <!-- ) before the first endpoint in the section, and remove --> from the end of the section.This specifies Net.TCP connections to NSi Output Manager, so now there are three ways to connect: HTTP (default), HTTPS, and Net.TCP.
- Save the web.config file.
- Change the URI setting for the Device Registration Service to
https://IP_address:8070, where the
IP_address is the IP address for the Output Manager
server, and 8070 is the Net.TCP port on the server.To do this, change the URI section on the Applications tab of the Device Registration Service web client.For example, if the default setting is http://10.16.37.56:8068 (where 10.16.37.56 is the IP address of the Output Manager server and 8068 is the port used for HTTP), then for Net.TCP change it to net.tcp://10.16.37.56:8070 to specify the port for Net.TCP.