This task explains how to create a device profile for the Xerox EIP Unified Client. The profile enables you to manage Unified Client, AutoStore, Output Manager, and authentication settings on the device through Device Registration Service.
- Browse to the Device Registration Service (for example, http://10.16.37.51:9000/device).
- Click Devices.
- Click Add Device on the Devices toolbar.
- Type a device name.
- Type the IP address or DNS address of the device.The address is specific to the device and does not appear when you configure properties for a device group.
- Type the administrator user name for the device.The default is admin. The user name is not required to perform an action on the device.
- Type the password for the administrator user name.By default, there is not a password and the field is empty.
- Select the target application.
- Configure device properties as described in the following table:
Option Description Application Name
The application name that appears on the device for the default application.
Enables Output Manager print functionality. The default value is False.
Display destination specific documents only
Enables the user to see only printing jobs that are associated with a specific destination or with a group of destinations. The default value is False.
Enables AutoStore scan functionality. The default value is False.
SNMP GET community name
This is the GET community name SNMP configuration value specified on the device. Enter either public or private. The default is “public.
SNMP SET community name
This is the SET community name SNMP configuration value specified on the device. Enter either public or private. The default is “private.
Default FunctionalityThe default functionality for the client:
- Output Manager
- Click Add Device on the Add Device toolbar.