Use this procedure to import Active Directory users and groups.
Use the LDAP Import Utility to import users and groups from an Active Directory source. You choose the users and groups to import from an Organizational Unit (OU) container in a specific Active Directory server.
- In the navigation pane of the Output Manager console, click the Administration application.
- In the Administration pane, click Manage Users.
- On the Users tab in the Administration - Manage Users pane, click the User/Group Import Wizard button.
- In the User and Group Import and Synchronization Wizard, click Import LDAP users and groups.
- On the Specify LDAP Server Connection page, choose an Active Directory server or click New and in the LDAP Server Details select "Microsoft Active Directory Server" for Server Type, and specify details for your LDAP server.
- After you choose an Active Directory server or after you save details for an Active Directory server, click the Verify Connection button to confirm that you can access the server, and then click Next.
- Define the user and group identifying characteristics of your Active Directory server and click the Next button.
- Use the Active Directory objects tree presented to select the OUs, containers, and
groups you wish to import, and then click
Next.Groups will be imported only if they are individually selected. Only security groups will be imported. Distribution groups will not be imported.
- Choose the desired import options.You may also view or modify the user property mappings by selecting the View or modify which attributes are mapped to Output Manager properties link.
- Click the Import button.OM processes the import and produces a results screen.
- Optional: You can schedule this import as a recurring task by pressing the click here link.
- Click the Finish button.