Use this procedure to use the User/Group Import Wizard to import user data from a file.
- In the navigation pane of the Output Manager console, click the Administration application.
- In the Administration pane, click Manage Users.
- On the Users tab in the Administration - Manage Users pane, click the User/Group Import Wizard button.
- In the User and Group Import and Synchronization Wizard, click Import user data from a file (no groups), and then click Next.
- In the Select the file containing user data to import box, enter the full path to the data file. You can click the Browse button to locate the file.
- If the first row in the file contains headers, select the File contains a header record check box.
- In the Select the file delimiter box, click the delimiter that is used to separate fields in each
- Comma (CSV)
- In the Type of users contained in this file box, click to choose the type of data contained in the
Data for existing users is matched by the User Name field.Important: You can only add new users from Output Manager user data. You can use Windows user or LDAP user data to update information for existing users.
- Output Manager Users
- Windows Users
- LDAP Users
- Click the Next button.
- On the Select Import Options page, select check boxes to specify how to perform the import:
Select To Add new users/groups to Output Manager Add data from records that do not match any existing user. This option is only available for Output Manager data. Update information within Output Manager for existing users/groups Update existing users from records that match an existing user. Only fill in missing values Do not replace existing data when updating user data. Remove users/groups that are not found during the import Only retain existing users that match the user name in an imported record.
- On the Map Imported Values page, match Output Manager Property to a label or data
in the first imported row to map a property to a field in the imported records.Leave the Imported Value for a property blank when there is no matching field in the imported data.
- Click next, and on the Preview Import page, verify the information that is being imported.
- Click the Import button.Output Manager processes the data an displays the results.
- Optional: You can schedule this import as a recurring task by clicking the Click here link.
- Click Finish.