You can customize the grid views by filtering on values.
Filters are used to view only the items that meet conditions you specify. When filtering is applied, the records displayed are restricted to those that meet the current filter criteria. For example in the Documents grid, if you filter the Class column on value A, only documents with a class value of A will display. All of the other documents still exist and can be seen again by removing the filter. You can apply filters to single or multiple columns.
To create a simple filter condition
Complete the following steps to select records that contain a specific value in a specific column.
- Point to the column header you want to filter.
- Click the filter image () that displays in the column header.The filter menu will display listing all of the available values in the column.
- Select a filter value in
the menu. The menu will automatically close. The grid now displays only
the records which contain the specified value in the specified column.
All of the other records have been hidden from the view, but can be restored
by removing the filter.Notice that a filter panel is displayed at the bottom of the grid showing the current filter criteria. You can remove the filter by clicking the close (x) button on the panel. You can enable or disable the filter using the check box on the filter panel. The right-side of the panel contains an Edit Filter button, which you can use to easily open the Filter Builder for editing.
To create complex filter criteria
Complete the following steps to construct filter criteria using the Filter Builder.
- Right-click a column header and click Filter Editor.This opens the Filter Builder dialog box. If no filtering has been applied to the grid, the Filter Builder will contain a new filter condition referring to the clicked column. If filtering has been applied, the Filter Builder will list all current filter conditions.
- Click the column name link in the condition and select the appropriate column from
the list.All available columns will display in the list.
- Click operator link in the condition and select the appropriate comparison operator
list.The comparison operator list displays only the operators supported by the current column's data type. For example, the Priority column is of the numeric type so the operator list does not display the 'Begins with' operator and other operators that are related to the string type.
- Click <enter a value>, and enter a comparison value in the box.
- To add additional conditions, click the plus button next to the group's AND operator.This will create new conditions below the current one. Complete each condition statement using the steps above.
- Click OK
or Apply to filter data using
the created filter condition.A filter panel will display at the bottom of the grid showing the current filter criteria. The filter panel contains an Edit Filter button, which you can click to quickly open the Filter Builder for editing.
To clear the filter
Use one of the following methods to clear filtering.
- Point to the filtered column header and click the filter image () that appears, then click (All) on the menu.
- Right-click the filtered column header and click Clear Filter.
- To clear all filter criteria, click the (x) button in the filter panel that displays at the bottom of the filtered grid.
To disable/enable the filter
This procedures toggles the filter on and off in the grid.