You can group data by the values of one or more columns.
If you group the data in the grid by a single column, records which have identical values in the same column are arranged into corresponding data groups. Each data group is identified by an expandable group row. If you then group the data by another column, the data rows within each group are combined into second level groups according to the new grouping column's values.
To group by a specific column
Use one of the following methods to group by a specific column.
- Click the column header you want to group, and drag and drop to place the column in the group panel above the grid.
- Right-click the column header and click Group By This Column.
To remove grouping
Use one of the following methods to remove grouping.
- Click the column header you want to remove from grouping, and drag and drop to place the column header back in the column header panel.
- Right-click the grouping column's header and click UnGroup.
- To remove all grouping, right click the group panel and Clear Grouping.