Complete the following steps to define and configure Viewer utilities.
Output Manager allows you to define the Viewer utilities that display when you right-click documents in the Output Manager Console. You can configure the data types that each Viewer utility can open.
- On the Output Manager Console menu bar, select .This opens the Viewer Configuration dialog box.
The first grid lists the Viewer utilities that will be available when right-clicking documents in the Output Manager Console.
- To add a new Viewer utility, complete the following steps.
Note: You can delete Viewer utilities by clicking the X in the Delete column.
- Click <insert new> in the Viewer Name column at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the name of the Viewer utility.This name will display when you right-click documents in the Output Manager Console.
- In the Viewer path column, enter the path and file name of the Viewer utility
executable.You can type the path and file name or click the Browse button in the cell to navigate.
- In the Arguments
column, enter any command line options or switches that will be used to
start the utility with the desired configuration.The Viewer utility is now added.
- Select the Viewer utility
you want to configure.The second grid displays the data types this Viewer utility can open.
- Complete the following steps to configure the data types for the selected Viewer.
Note: You can delete data types by clicking the X in the Delete column.
- Click <insert new> in the Data Type column.
- Choose a data type this Viewer can open.
- If necessary, click in the Conversion (Advanced) column
to assign a conversion.You can choose to convert files from the Output Manager Print Server (.tnj) file format to one of the following types: binary (.bin), text (.txt), or Xerox (.xrx).
- Repeat these steps until you have selected all of the necessary data types for the selected Viewer.
- Click OK.