Use the following procedure to send documents to the document library. You will specify the library folder where documents will be sent, the file store, any notifications, and how long to keep documents before deleting.
- From the Documents grid, select one or more documents.
- Right-click the selection and click .This opens the Set Library Filing Profile dialog box.
- In the Profile list, select the appropriate library filing profile, or click New to create one from the Document Library Profile dialog box.
- Complete the following steps to configure a library profile.
- Click New.This opens the Document Library Profile dialog box.
- Specify the library profile Name and Description.
- To determine where documents will be placed in the library, click the Browse button
to select an existing Base
folder.If desired, you can then specify one or more Dynamic folder levels to be placed under the selected Base folder. To create dynamic folders, click Add and enter a folder name. The folder name can consist of text, one or more document properties, and functions.
- To insert document properties, right-click in the text box, click Insert Document Property, and choose the appropriate properties. Some example document properties are date/time, document name, data type, and so on.
- To insert functions, right-click in the box, click Insert Function, and choose the appropriate
Review the Using Output Manager Functions help topic for information on configuring functions.
You can add, edit, and remove folders, and change the folder order using the buttons next to the box. Each level added becomes a sub folder of the folder above it in the list.
- To send an email notification when a document is sent to the library, select the Send email notification upon
filing check box and click Email.Configure the email setting in the Send Email dialog box.
- Specify the file store for documents sent to the library.You can choose to leave them in their current file store or move them to a specified file store.
- In the Purge documents box, specify how long documents should stay in the library before they are deleted.
- Click OK.
- Click New.
- After you select the profile, click OK.