Access control enables an administrator to regulate access to specific features of an MFD, such as restricting a users to making only black and white copies on a particular MFD.
To support this feature, an MFD must provide API support for access control and the device must be configured as an MFP type in the device configuration.
- In the Output Manager Console, click the Devices application.
- In the Devices list, right-click the device you want to configure.
- On the shortcut menu, click Configure Access Control.
- In the Assign Access Control profile dialog box, select check boxes to apply access control profiles for Users, Groups, or Departments.
- To edit or create access profiles, click the browse button (...) for a user, group, or department, and add, remove, or edit profiles in the Manage Profiles dialog box.
- When you add or edit a profile, you can edit Basic settings that apply for every type of MFD or Advanced settings that are specific to the MFD.