When you add a group to Output Manager from a Microsoft Windows Active Directory or a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server, Output Manager stores basic information about the group and does not account for group membership. Output Manager synchronizes users to groups when the following events occur:
- Administrator-level user connects to Output Manager with the Output Manager Console using a domain account.
- User connects to the Output Manager Web Console using a domain account.
- User authenticates at an MFD with the Unified Client.
- The first time a user prints to an Output Manager Windows print queue source.
- Periodic subsequent user printing to an Output Manager Windows print queue source (not to exceed 24 hours).