Use this procedure to configure how documents are routed within a group of destinations.
- In the Destinations application, right-click the group and select Configure Group Routing.
- On the Group Routing Configuration dialog box, select the
- Do not assign a destination — This is the default method. Documents are assigned to a pending queue within the group and are not routed. Documents remain in the pending queue until they are manually assigned to a destination or until they are released from an Output Manager release station.
- Round robin among available
destinations — Documents are assigned to the next
available destination in the group in a round robin fashion:
- Use Require matching document and destination properties to only assign documents to destinations in the group if selected group property values match between the document and destination.
- Click Configure to select the routing columns that are used by the group. See Global Group Routing Map dialog box for more information.
- To support using matching document and destination properties to route documents to
destinations, set the routing criteria for the destination group:
- Right-click the destination group and select Set Routing Criteria.
- In the Group Routing Criteria dialog box, enter the
matching criteria for each property for each destination in the group.
To match any value for a document property, leave the corresponding group routing criteria column blank. To match more than one document property value, enter a comma separated list of possible values.
When documents are routed to the group and do not match any destination routing criteria, the documents are held in the group pending queue until they are manually assigned to a destination or until they are released from an Output Manager release station.