Complete this procedure to view the SNMP alert history of devices or device folders.
You can choose from one of the predefined history time frames or create a custom query.
- In the Devices tree, select a device or device folder.
- Right-click the selected device or folder and point to SNMP Alerts History, and then click to use a predefined history time
frame or to create a custom query. To create a custom query, complete the following
Tip: You can create more advanced queries containing multiple logical (Boolean) operators. To change the root logical operator, click the current AND operator and select the appropriate operator from the list. You can then add a new query statement group by clicking the operator and clicking Add Group. You can add multiple groups containing multiple conditions. Complete each group using the steps above.
- In the submenu, select Custom query.This opens the query tool dialog box.
- Click the + button next to the AND operator.
- To select the column, click the column name link in the condition and select the appropriate
column from the list.This displays all available columns in the list.
- Click the operator link in the condition and select the appropriate comparison operator
from the list.The comparison operator list displays only the operators supported by the current column's data type. For example, the Priority column is of the numeric type so the operator list doesn't display the 'Begins with' operator and other operators that are related to the string type.
- Click the <enter a value> link, and enter a value in the box.
- To add additional conditions, click the + button next to the group's AND operator, and then repeat steps #EOM1471__start_repeat through #EOM1471__end_repeat to complete new condition statements.
- Click OK to query data using the statement.
To cancel the query, click the Cancel Query Mode button below the grid.
- In the submenu, select Custom query.
- In the SNMP Alert History window, review the SNMP alert history for the selected device or folder.
- Use the following methods to change the history as needed.
- In the Devices tree, click devices and folders to update the grid to match a new tree selection.
- Click a new history time period to update the grid to match a new time period selection.
- Click Refresh Query below the grid to update the grid with the latest information.
- You can do the following with the search results:
To Do this Search the tree
- In the Search box below the tree, type the text you want to find and press Enter or click the search button.
If the text is found, your focus will be moved to the first occurrence. New buttons will appear near the Search box that allow you to move to the previous occurrence and move to the next occurrence.
Search the grid
- In the Search box below the grid, type the text you want to find, click the column in the grid you want to search, and then press Enter or click the Search button.
If the text is found, your focus will be moved to the first occurrence. New buttons will appear near the Search box that allow you to stop searching, move to the previous occurrence, and move to the next occurrence.
Print the history
- Click the Print button below the grid to print the history.