Use this procedure to import a list of destinations into Output Manager.
Before you begin, review the following information on configuring and importing comma-separated values (CSV) files:
- In the CSV file, the header record (first record) determines which fields are defined. You must configure the field names in the header record to match predefined Output Manager names. Field names that match are used to populate the settings associated with that column. Field names that do not match are ignored. Contact Notable Solutions Support for the list of predefined Output Manager names.
- Each record after the header record is created as a device. The device will contain the settings from the recognized columns for that record. Output Manager interprets values for text and numeric settings. For settings that have a fixed list of options, Output Manager matches the value to the name of the option. Values which are not recognized, out of bounds, or otherwise invalid are replaced with the default value for that setting.
- Not all settings can be specified through the CSV file. For example, the input/output server, users, destinations, and profiles cannot be imported.
- A single CSV file can be used to generate multiple device types, sources, and destinations. Output Manager only imports the settings which are recognized by the device type you are creating. For example, the CSV file can contain settings that are common to all devices types, settings for a particular device type, or settings for several different device types.
Importing a destination is particularly useful if you have a database or spreadsheet that lists your existing equipment. You can save the destination list as a CSV file and then import it to create matching destinations in Output Manager.
- In the Destinations tree, right-click a destination group (folder) and click New
Destination.The new destinations will be created in this group.
- In the Add Destination dialog box, select the destination Type:
You cannot currently import IPDS destinations.
- IPP LPR
- Network Folder
- WebSphere MQ
- Windows Queue
- Select Import devices from configuration (.CSV) file.
- In the box, enter the path and file name of the configuration file, or click the browse (...) button to navigate to the file.
- After you specify the configuration file, click OK.Tab pages will display with options specific to the selected destination type.
- Make the necessary changes on each tab.For instructions specific to each destination type, refer to the following topics:
- Sending documents to an email address
- Routing documents to another Output Manager
- Sending documents to an FTP server
- Sending documents to an IPDS printer
- Sending documents to an IPP destination
- Sending documents to an LPR server
- Sending documents to a network folder
- Sending documents to a PRISMAProduction destination
- Sending documents to a SharePoint site
- Sending documents to a socket
- Sending documents to a WebSphere MQ
- Sending documents to a Windows queue
- Click OK.